One goal down, a lot more to go - Mt Oberon Summit walk.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Couch 2 five k's

Today I embarked on the couch 2 five km training program otherwise known as c25k.  It's a program designed to get you, as the title suggests from the couch to running five kilometers in 12 weeks.  I have chosen to do the treadmill option.  I was happy with how it went, put the treadmill on an incline and did the full half an hour.  That is a first for me.  I usually run on and off for a little then walk the rest.  All up burnt 362 calories. 


This evening I then went for my usual walk with my sisters in the hot humid weather and by the time I got back my legs felt so heavy, I was so hot and sweaty but 400 calories gone.  When I got home I had missed majority of The Biggest Loser and thought well I am not going to watch it now, I will just watch it online tomorrow.  So outside I went and skipped with my skipping rope up and down the drive way burning another 100 calories in 15 minutes.  I knew skipping was hard but that is great calorie burn in such a short time.  Will be doing that again very soon.  So total calories burnt for the day = 862 and that doesn't even include my BMR.  I am on fire.  Loving this exercise.... 



No comments:

Post a Comment