One goal down, a lot more to go - Mt Oberon Summit walk.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Cleaning out the pantry

So I don't know if I am going into holiday mode (going away for a week on Saturday) but last couple of days I have been starting to crave those naughty foods again.  It started on Monday with my son's 3rd birthday as he wanted Pizza Planet for dinner (yes he watches too much Toy Story) so I got pizza for dinner on Monday which I had worked into my calorie allowance.  I also had ice-cream cake which wasn't in the allowance.  So that was the first taste of the forbidden food.  


Last night I got home from a meeting and had the biggest craving for cake.  I searched the house and couldn't find anything to eat because I had cleaned the pantry out of all the crap as Michelle suggests.  I even said to my husband that I was nearly tempted to just make a cake so I could give into my craving.  I possibly would have done that in the past but ended up just having a slice of toast with vegemite on it which worked into my calorie allowance so I hadn't broken it for the day.  


Moral of the story;  Do your pre-season tasks because there is a reason why Mish says to do it.  I would have definitely broken my healthy eating last night, but because the pantry was cleaned out I didn't have an option.  

No comments:

Post a Comment