One goal down, a lot more to go - Mt Oberon Summit walk.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

New Goals

The last week I have been putting in a couple big (well big to me) bike rides.  I hadn't been on the bike for a couple weeks, last time when I 'hit the wall' and needed a lift home lol.  A couple weeks rest has given me my mojo back on the bike.  I have missed being on the bike so much... 


This week I did my 20 km ride and felt really good afterward so I thought it was time to up the anti so to speak.  In the car I got to track my ride and note down the kilometres.  34km ride that was my next ambition.  The following day, back on the bike I got.  About 3/4 of the way into the ride I had the option to either turn left and take the lazy way home or turn right and go further and complete my 34km.  My back, neck and butt were killing me but thought to myself JFDI Jenny, you will feel so much better if you do.  Don't regret taking the lazy way out.  So I turned right and completed the ride.  On this ride, I ride past my sister's farm, and yes I used to stop in for a drink and rest before tackling the two huge hills back into town.  This time I didn't.  I rode straight past rode up the two hills, (the last hill to tackle is always the hardest) and home.  I got home sore and cold but feeling so good mentally that I had achieved what I set out to do and burnt off 1300 calories.  


So I have set myself a new goal and maybe I am a bit ambitious, but the next goal is to do the 'round the bay in a day' bike ride in Melbourne in October.  So the endurance bike training for me is starting and my goal is to at least do the 100km ride but would really love to do the 210km ride.  Time will tell..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment